Saturday, August 3, 2013

Movement and Two wheels, discipliine of blogging.

I'm just back from a week at the lake. I commuted to our cabin on my motorcycle. It's about a 6 hour ride, so it gives me a lot of time to focus on movement. On my return trip, I saw lots of motorcycles going the other way. Some of them were motorcycles that have been converted to trikes.

One of the aspects of spending time on two wheels is that you have to keep moving. An 850 pound motorcycle is an ungainly beast when it is at rest. But when you induce the slightest forward momentum, it becomes easy to handle.

It's obviously a metaphor, but I think this is also true about life, or at least one's perception of it. Life is in a constant state of movement-- and it can seem like an ungainly beast when we start to act as if it is frozen in time. Each of us leaves behind an ephemeral trail of breadcrumbs; when we start to act as if those breadcrumbs are life itself, we truly are lost.

For a variety of reasons, I'm trying to establish a discipline for blogging. Feel free to comment if any of what I have to share has any resonance with you. I'll try to keep my postings brief, but regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment