Monday, August 5, 2013

Discovering new places to ride

It's been a day off- and some time to ride in Fosston, MN. I discovered an ATV/snowmobile route not far from my mother-in-law's house. There are lots of nice ATV trails in this part of Minnesota that seem like undiscovered territory for mountain bikes. Riding a bicycle seems to have little or no impact on the trails themselves.

I like being able to explore without really knowing where I am going. I use a Garmin bicycle GPS that leaves a nice little trail of breadcrumbs. This allows me to impulsively makes twists and turns without much fear of getting lost.

I'm feeling grateful for living in an area with so much open country to explore. While it is relatively flat in Thief River Falls and Crookston, I don't have to go very far to discover something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment