I'm looking forward to riding a Salsa
Mukluk 3 this winter. Two years ago, I was able to ride a fat bike
for the first time. I liked the flotation, and especially the ability
to ride off-road during the winter. Even fat tires don't work so well
on fresh snow. But for everything else they are lovely.
While discussing a fat bike purchase, I
was asked by my go-to bike shop guy whether I am thinking of riding
in the Arrowhead 135 race. First of all, I was flattered. I'm a fifty
year old pastor who rarely gets enough time to build much of a
mileage base. I don't think of myself as being in the same league as
the athletes who enter this event or the less than half who are able
to complete it. A younger version of myself with fewer commitments
would have jumped at the opportunity.
But I haven't ruled it out. I continue
to be interested in new frontiers and self-discovery, and this event
seems like it would be a place to find out more about myself. It
would be an opportunity to grow and learn on the bicycle in a new
way, something I haven't done for a while.
It would probably be easier to make
another attempt at learning to ride the unicycle I purchased a few
years back, but that seems like it needs something other than two
wheels and a prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment