Friday, August 17, 2012

Watch out! slow traffic ahead.

This is my first blog entry using the Raspberry Pi. Why bother, you might ask? Maybe its been about the challenge of making a $35 computer into a useable tool. I'm not sure how practical this is. However, the RPi is evolving, and it will be interesting to see how well the equivalent of a Volkswagen Beetle (original 36 HP) will do navigating the internet.

It might be a little like my experience of travelling between Crookston and Thief River Falls today. I was on my Vision recumbent. It was 43 miles, not much traffic, and a very pleasant ride. I also got buzzed in close proximity by a full size van that didn't seem to care about the speed limit in town. This was the kind of thing I was used to when I lived in the Twin Cities, but is a rare occurance for me now. *Sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment